Friday 29 October 2010

What's happening...

I just spoke to Danny Panter following his trip to Town Quay last night for a full damage report and he had nothing on the big rod but he did have Dab and Whiting on his worm rod. Not much else caught last night on the entire pier.
Here is a file picture of Danny to prove that he can catch fish.




In happier news Neil Leighton managed three flounders from the Reclaimed land in Hythe this morning the biggest being 44cm!! He did not have any scales so we do not know the weight but 44cm I think would be about 2lb mark??

I am going to fish the Reclaimed Land next week so I will hopefully have some pictures of my self to put on here.

Kayaks are becoming the new Rock And Roll when it comes to sea fishing. When you are in a Kayak you are free to fish wherever you want to and you are not limited to fishing deep water. What I mean is you can fish 200 yards from the shore in only 2 foot of water if you want.
I have been working with my Fiance's father Tim Bayliss sourcing Kayak equipment to sell at the shop www.bellsofhythe.com.


Tim is a keen fisherman and has gone into the Kayak scene in a big way so along with his son Chris and his workmate Mick and his son Ben I am privileged to all the right information as to what I need to stock for local fishing.
Also I have some great pictures and videos at my disposal to share with our anglers. Incidentally Mick has a fantastic Blog on the go at the moment why not visit it and follow him?

http://mickskayak.blogspot.com/


First we looked at the Kayaks themselves. As with everything in life there are various makes and models and various price points that we needed to look into.

Here are some of the Kayaks we can now get..

Freedom Kayaks, Native Kayaks, Ocean Kayaks, Hobie Kayaks, Islander Kayaks, Teksport Kayak,s Perception Kayaks, RTM Kayaks and Wilderness Kayaks.

We have made sure that we can get all of these Kayaks at the right money so that we can be competitive when it comes to our retail prices.


Here is the Ocean Kayak Prowler 13..


It represents a very good very affordable sea fishing Kayak that will be very stable and handle most conditions that you will find on our south coast.


I have set up a poster to advertise our kayaks on our website..




As you can see the poster shows a lot of the brand names mentioned above and bang in the middle is Mick's son Ben with a fine Ray caught on his Ocean Kayak.

The yellow Ocean Kayak shown above is 13 foot long and is valued at only £584!
That is a very good price for a Kayak of this quality.

I have been looking into the correct type of fishing rods used from a Kayak and have come up with some crackers! We sourced this Abu Garcia Diamond Crest boat rod. This rod is a perfect mini rod for Kayak fishing, it separates into two pieces and when put together measures only 5 feet in length. The rod is like a boat rod in miniature ideal for Kayak angling.





We have also bought a lot of Lineaeffe reels that are very cheap but work fine with lures or light leads. They are only one ball bearing but they feel very strong and smooth. And at £7.99 you cannot go wrong.

 Our Kayak tackle site is live and ready to use. 

 http://www.bellsofhythe.com/department.asp?ID=6

I will let you all know as soon as the Kayak section becomes live, I cannot tell you how excited I am about it. I also have a Kayak fishing gallery on its way so get ready for action!!




Stay Tuned

                            Big Al.